Dear Senator,
I write to ask and encourage you to vote against the SAVE Act and to urge your colleagues against it. If enacted it, it will effectively disenfranchise an enormous number of eligible voters. Its demands for a passport or a birth certificate in the voter’s currently registered name cannot be met by many legitimate voters without expensive action. As has been noted, it is particularly discriminatory against married women or anyone else who’s made a name change, those with lower income or without high school diplomas, the old, and anyone for whom in-person registration is a chore.
Democracy does not exist without access to the vote.
Refuse to let it die: vote against the SAVE Act.
And for the further preservation of democracy and nation,
Remove Stephen Miller.
Get the Epstein files’s information judicially acted on.
Impeach Kristi Noem.
Impeach Pete Hegseth.
Impeach Donald Trump.
Stop them. It’s your job.
Under a name not on my birth certificate,
The Reverend Mary Ann Dimand
I write to ask and encourage you to vote against the SAVE Act and to urge your colleagues against it. If enacted it, it will effectively disenfranchise an enormous number of eligible voters. Its demands for a passport or a birth certificate in the voter’s currently registered name cannot be met by many legitimate voters without expensive action. As has been noted, it is particularly discriminatory against married women or anyone else who’s made a name change, those with lower income or without high school diplomas, the old, and anyone for whom in-person registration is a chore.
Democracy does not exist without access to the vote.
Refuse to let it die: vote against the SAVE Act.
And for the further preservation of democracy and nation,
Remove Stephen Miller.
Get the Epstein files’s information judicially acted on.
Impeach Kristi Noem.
Impeach Pete Hegseth.
Impeach Donald Trump.
Stop them. It’s your job.
Under a name not on my birth certificate,
The Reverend Mary Ann Dimand
no subject
Date: 2026-03-16 11:36 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-05-11 10:12 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-05-16 06:14 am (UTC)I haven't been posting non-private to any extent for years-- and it's been some time since I've been properly looking at friends' [ages. I need to remake the habit of checking your page reasonably regularly, as I so much enjoy your voice and presence.
Lagniappe: I wrote to my Lib Dem about the pressure on gender-inclusive amateur sport organizations, and just got substantive email back, as I have on an earlier communication. He can't do much, of course, but he's not caught up in being "diplomatic," and his values are righteous.